We are on the home stretch, friends! Right now, we are at a stand still when it comes to moving in. In my last update, I mentioned that we had a water pressure situation. We suspected it all along but once we got sinks hooked up & had the water company turn up the meter as far as they could, we knew we had a problem. Long story short, our next door neighbor (who sold us our house) had a new water line run a few years ago & it was SO expensive, that she went ahead and had them run two. She happened to mention it to my sister & said that we were welcome to run off of that line, if need be. This is literally saving us thousands of dollars! We had a guy come out & give us an estimate and commit to the project…before Easter!! He is supposed to show up tomorrow (for the fifth time)…would you please pray with us that he does?
We made the decision to just stay positive & keep working…there’s plenty to do! We were able to move everything out of storage last Saturday with a little help from our friends. We’re gradually unboxing and it is so exciting to actually see it take shape & become a home!
Here are a boatload of pictures to show you what we’ve been up to…
This is a before shot of the bookshelf in the living room.
Below is the same bookshelf painted & refinished. I was pretty bummed that I couldn’t use my old armoire, so Aubrey ripped out a few shelves and built this cabinet door so that I can tuck the tele away! Sweet, huh?
We decided to add a few more built-ins under the stairs, while we were at it…
I was pretty stinkin’ proud of Aubrey for building all of these from scratch!
The boys helped install barn wood along the back…it was the perfect job for them!
The finished product…
Here are a few more shelves & storage bins he built in the loft (aka the playroom). Because it’s at the top of the A-frame, the space on the sides was wasted but now it’s super functional!
If you can’t tell, we LOVE old barn wood! We scored a huge load from a lady down the street at the beginning of this renovation & have used it on so many projects (including that huge beam) & still have some left! Here is the custom hood vent that Aubrey built…
The boys will be sharing a room & it’s not very big, so we wanted to create as much space as possible. This may be my favorite project we’ve done! Here is Jettaroo helping Daddy bolt the first piece of his loft bed to the wall.
We spent lots of time cleaning the pipes for their ladders. They don’t really make that stuff for decorating purposes, so it is quite the process to degrease & clean it up!
We are in the process of adding the railing and we also switched out their fan but here is the almost finished product…
This is an old metal cabinet that we turned into a dresser/storage for their room, as well.
Last but not least…the countertops!
This was NO JOKE people! We got the workout of the century laying these bad boys!! I’m pretty sure Aubrey should’ve recruited like 3 dudes for this project but he got me instead!;)
This was the first one we laid in the kids’ bathroom…looked like a total mess at first!
Here’s the after (don’t worry…we’ll clean up the walls!:) They were a beast but we did it & we’re pretty proud of how they turned out!
We have lots of company up on the hill! This snake isn’t one of them!;) We found out he’s a good guy but Aubrey didn’t want to risk me having a heart attack if I saw him alive!;) So far we’ve seen deer, turkeys, woodpeckers, hawks, an owl & we ran a little chipmunk family out of our garage! I am growing braver by the day & the boys are absolutely loving it!!
This post was crazy long, so if you stuck around ’til the end – thank you! In the future, I’ll try to post shorter updates more often!:)